Define a new generator of arrivals in a simulation environment.
add_generator(.env, name_prefix, trajectory, distribution, mon = 1,
priority = 0, preemptible = priority, restart = FALSE)
- the simulation environment.
- the name prefix of the generated arrivals.
- the trajectory that the generated arrivals will follow (see
- a function modelling the interarrival times (returning a
negative value stops the generator).
- whether the simulator must monitor the generated arrivals or not
(0 = no monitoring, 1 = simple arrival monitoring, 2 = level 1 + arrival
- the priority of each arrival (a higher integer equals higher
priority; defaults to the minimum priority, which is 0).
- if a seize occurs in a preemptive resource, this parameter
establishes the minimum incoming priority that can preempt these arrivals (an
arrival with a priority greater than
preemptible gains the resource). In
preemptible must be equal or greater than
thus only higher priority arrivals can trigger preemption.
- whether the activity must be restarted after being preempted.
Returns the simulation environment.